Friday, November 23, 2007

Independence day

Yesterday, I thought I was going to be stuck in an office all day. Instead, I was stuck in a marketing meeting in the conference room. I heard my name being paged for a call, but missed it, so when we had our break, I went upstairs to get my message from Marilyn in teleservice. After she gave me my message, she said the Lynn, the receptionist needed to see me. So, I went over to Lynn's desk, and as I approached, she pulled out a wrapped bouquet of flowers. "I didn't know it was your birthday," she said. "It isn't," I replied, rather confused.

Some days, that doesn't take much to do.




I unwrapped it, and found a bouquet of mini roses, with a card attached.




You see, yesterday was the one year anniversary of my divorce. I had totally forgotten about it, but in the past, I had joked that instead of the fourth of July, I considered the twenty-second of November as Independence Day. It's been a year of huge changes: Olivia and I moved two time zones, and twelve hundred miles; I went back to work after being out of the work force for nearly seven years; we moved twice while here...once out of my parents' house to our own apartment, and then to our own house with Donnie; I got engaged to the most wonderful man in the world, who not only accepts the idiosyncrasies that make me me, but loves me because of them, It has not been easy sometimes, especially when it was just Olivia and I living on our own, but I would not trade it for anything.

1 Comments:

Blogger Princess Zarko said...

Could that get any sweeter! as always I am so you are doing so well! and I can't wait till the wedding!

Dec 14, 2007, 6:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged