Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Slowly, slowly...

I'm having a lot of fun with my little blog, or as I like to think of it, my little kingdom. I get to ramble on, uninterrupted about anything I want. Although, it seems my best ideas come to me when I'm trying to go to sleep...like I really need something else to keep me from sleeping (a few nights a week I just can't fall asleep much before one or one-thirty).

Last night, I was up until two-ish playing with my blog. I wanted a background in the title box. Something to break up the white. I thought of taking my own picture, but then decided against it. Then, I thought of morguefile. It is an amazing source for free, public images. So I just typed in "knitting" in the search box, and voila...a page of pictures came up. There was a familiar picture of green skeins of yarn, and then it struck me... dailyknitter uses it in their banner. I can have a near photographic memory for images, but meeting people...by the time I say, "Nice to meet you; I'm Kim", I've forgotten their name. But I digress. I do that a lot.

So anyways...I'm pretty proud of my coding skills....it only took me two hours...If my husband D is reading this, I know he is laughing. He is a computer genius, and I'm not just saying that because I'm married to him. He types over one hundred words a minute, and needs to do that to keep up with his thought processes. He works in the computer industry, and the stuff he can do is amazing. To compare, it would be like putting a concert pianist playing Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu up against someone pounding out Chopsticks...badly.

In knitting, I'm not insanely fast either. I am, however, in great awe of people who are. Check out the KnitAndTonic link on the right...it's one of the blogs that I read. Wendy is one amazing knitter...she cranks out sweaters faster than anything. And she designs them too... I bought the pattern for her "Marilyn's Not So Shrunken Cardigan". Have the yarn too. I just have a few projects to finish before I can get to it. Also, check out her finished object gallery...the stuff is to die for...

Eventually, I will have a finished object gallery too...unfortunately, a lot of my stuff is packed for the big move. I just have to figure out how to create it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged