Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Other knitting things...





My orange sweater is now blocked. It's sitting on the dryer in the laundry room, which will make D happy, because it is no longer sitting on his humidor in the living room.

I wet-blocked it. Actually, I wet-block everything....I've had better luck with that than anything else. And, I actually really like the smell of wet wool....weird, yes, I know.


I also have to mend my only pair of hand-knitted socks.
I love my Koigu socks. They were the first pair of socks that I made,(and the only pair that I've finished) and the heels are wearing out. *Sob*

Ok, so that may be because I wear them constantly. Or because I didn't use that reinforcement yarn/thread stuff on the heels. Or, possibly, because I have the roughest heels on the planet.

Luckily, I have a lot of extra yarn left, so I can darn it up, like I did on the other one.






Yup...I know how to darn a sock...one of those things I thought I would never do, but hey....it's Koigu....I am NOT throwing these out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged