Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My Orange Sweater is Done!!

Yippee!!! I just have to block it, and it's completely finished! All the yarn tails are woven in (although, there weren't that many since I did the felted join when starting a new ball of yarn.)

We got a new digital camera, so I'm going to have to figure it out tomorrow, and take some pictures.

I'm back working on my green sweater coat. I only had to rip back one section tonight. I'm one of those people that tries to unravel stitches down to the mistake and fix it from there, instead of ripping out rows. Easy on stockinette...a little more challenging on cables. But I got it fixed. A third hand would have been helpful. I'm on my third sixteen-row pattern repeat on the left front. Then I get to do it all over again for the right front. I'm actually looking forward to doing the sleeves. Maybe I'll reward myself with a sleeve after getting the left front done. The sleeves are just 3x3 rib...my kind of mindlessness.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kim,

What is the felted join when starting a new ball of yarn?

Jan 24, 2006, 10:58:00 a.m.  
Blogger kim said...

It only works with wool...you wet both ends, lay them together, overlapping by about 1.5 - 2 inches, and rub them together in the palm of your hand. I lay them on my left hand, and use the heel of my right to rub/mash them together. The heat of your hand is enough to felt the ends together....it's pretty amazing!

Jan 24, 2006, 11:17:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! What a great technique. I work with wool a lot and I hate running into a place in my yarn where they knotted two ends together.

Jan 24, 2006, 5:07:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged