Thursday, October 27, 2005

When in doubt...read the directions

I was happily knitting away on the sweater that I'm currently working on, and then thought to check the fit on my dress form.

The sweater is loosely based on Grumperina's Picovili, but I wanted sleeves. So I checked around online and found the basic instructions to do a top-down raglan sweater. Basically, increase before and after your stitch markers for the sleeves every other row until you can join it under your arms. Then I added some short row shaping for the bust area. Ok...easy...then I went back to the pattern. I just skimmed it, and thought I was doing ok. I knit for four inches, and then started my waist shaping....WRONG, WRONG, WRONG....If I had read the instructions closer, I would have realized that I had already knit the four inches...


This really hurt...


Good thing I had Spencer to help me.

The yarn is KnitPicks Merino Style in Butternut. I'm also going to make this in Hollyberry. Love this yarn...so soft, so CHEAP!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged