Saturday, April 22, 2006

It's been a while...

I've been actually working on something....my friend Mary's baby shower is tomorrow, and not only is she receiving the Gardener Cardi, she is also receiving this...
(Click on pic to see it in a larger version)

Of course, the picture quality is not the best, seeing as it's latelatelate, and the lighting is not the greatest.

I combined a couple of different patterns. The bodice is from an Australian Smocking and Embroidery magazine, and the skirt is one that I made up. The front panel is hand smocked with and Ellen McCarn pattern called Bunnies and Carrots. I've always loved the story of Peter Rabbit, so I thought it was a perfect match for the sweater.
It's my first foray into heirloom sewing, and my first smocking attempt, and I really enjoyed both.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh my. That is the most beautiful little dress I have ever seen! If I had made that, I would carry it around on my person at all times, and bring it out casually, so that people would ask me about it. :)

Apr 22, 2006, 7:40:00 a.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Oh, thanks! Yeah, it was a big hit at the shower.

Apr 23, 2006, 9:40:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is soooooo beautiful!

Apr 25, 2006, 12:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged