Friday, July 21, 2006

Still dealing...

I've totally ignored the whole blogging world...haven't read anything...haven't worked on any projects...just living in the moment...

Had the most incredible day with O though...at around 3, I just had to get out of the house. So...we jumped in the SUV and drove. I hit the local Starbucks drive through and grabbed a vanilla latte, and drove to Seattle. It was such a freeing, amazing experience. To just drive, and concentrate on nothing but the smell of my coffee, the sight of my peacefully sleeping child, and the amusing afternoon show on 99.9, KISW. I love going over the hill on I-5 right before the 167 exit...the city is laid out in front of you...it is so surreal to me...I feel chills every time I see it. There's almost too much to take in at once....the sunlight sparkling on Lake Union, with its multitude of marinas, boats, and floatplanes....the downtown skyscrapers reaching up towards the sky....and of course, the Space Needle in the centre of it all....

When I lived in Saskatoon, when I needed to de-stress, I would jump in my car and drive. I loved to drive down Saskatchewan Crescent, which housed some of the most beautiful homes I have ever seen. I loved driving slowly and peering into the interiors of these houses. One house stood out in particular. The house had the most amazing art collection. In the one front room, there hung an exquisite rendering of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. Sometimes I want to go back there, and drive down that street, just to see that painting...

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenna said...

I know exactly what you mean about coming over the hill on I-5. I tear up every time I make the trip. I recently moved back after being away for five years, and every time I tried to picture my hometown in my head while I was away I always came up with that image.

Jul 24, 2006, 7:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Deb said...

Missed you. Hope you're doing okay.

Jul 27, 2006, 6:55:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged