Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Murphy's Law of Long Weekends....

The rain started Friday morning, and the sky cleared 6:00 pm on Monday. I got a lot done inside. Bolstered by the success of my jacket muslin, I had the courage to cut into the $25/yard Jenne Maag fabric. The pattern is really quite well designed. I was a little scared when I first looked over the pattern, because it doesn't really have many notches for matching points, but the pieces fit so well together, it's unnecessary. I've already sewn together all the body pieces...I just have to press and do the Hong Kong finish on two more seams, then I'm ready to set in the sleeves, and sew on the collar, the facing, the belt, and hem. I'll take some pictures tomorrow during the day...I haven't mastered taking pictures of projects at night.

I'm just sitting here, in the office/sewing room, listening to the nighttime noises, and enjoying the scents of freshly cut grass and some sort of night-blooming flower.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the same thing happen at my mom's down near Portland! It was overcast and windy (and I mean more than a breeze) Friday through Sunday. We wake up on Monday, the day we have to leave, and it's beautiful weather and the sun is shinning. Murphy may have been an optimist, but I swear he's out to get me. :)

May 31, 2006, 10:57:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged