Friday, June 02, 2006

T-minus six days and counting...

So, every time we go on a vacation, I have this brainy idea that I need a new outfit. And I must make said outfit. I usually start a week before our vacation starts, (as in pack up the car and drive away), but this time, I was smart. I started waaaaay in advance, so I'm not furiously working up until the last minute. It's really paid off....because LOOK! O's dress! Some handsewing is the only thing left!

And my jacket is progressing nicely...just have the sleeves to set in, and the belt to put on...
Jacket, inside view.
I'm so happy with my progress. I'm working a bit slower than I usually do when I'm in a time crunch, but I'm taking less time in reality, because I'm making less mistakes. I've only had to rip out one seam...which is really good, because it's the re-doing that takes so long, I find...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

YOU ARE SOOOOO TALENTED!!!!!!!

Jun 3, 2006, 9:48:00 a.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Awwww...thanks!

Jun 3, 2006, 2:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Deb said...

OMG! I am so impressed that you smock! What kind of machine do you have? Have you taken formal classes? Did I see a manniquin in one of your photos to help you fit a garmet?
I am completely 'wowed' by your work.

Jun 3, 2006, 4:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

I got a 32-row Super Amanda for Christmas this past year, and as for learning how, just a lot of reading, and I did take a hand smocking class from Martha Pullen at the Puyallup Sew Expo in March.

Yup...that's my dress form...I love it. I started with a standard Dritz dressform, and then superimposed a 'body double' of myself overtop (which involved wrapping myself with Saran wrap and applying layers of wetted watercolour tape...and is done in a locked bathroom under the cover of darkness, because it's so ridiculous looking.)

Jun 3, 2006, 5:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger Deb said...

Thanks for the info. Now I'm getting all hung up on the sizes of dress forms! How did you decide which one to get?

Jun 4, 2006, 5:43:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged