Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The horror...the horror...


So this is the jacket that I am currently working on. I'm making it out of Gjestal Naturgarn from Elann in a dark loden green. I am finished the back, which was a snap...thirty-one and a half inches of p3/k3 rib. Now, I'm working on the front. With the cables. And the twists. And the bobbles. And four different blocks of patterns; two have a six-row repeat, and the other two have a sixteen-row repeat.

I am so much a plain knitter. Seventeen miles of stockinette? Bring it on. I am so there. In the round? Even better.

I knit at night, when everyone else has gone to bed. If you haven't noticed the times at which I mainly post....I'm pretty much a night person. I like to wind down...crank out a few inches of something, and call it a night. After about six rows of the cables, twists, bobbles, and flipping the page to see if I knit one through the back of the loop and then purl, or purl first and then knit one through the back of the loop, my mind is shot. Ack. Makes my head hurt.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Yes, but just imagine the looks of awe it will inspire when you wear it and tell people you made it yourself. Cables do that to non-knitters. :)

Seriously, it's going to be good.

Jan 4, 2006, 5:11:00 a.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Actually, I'd be getting a lot more done if I didn't stop every row and admire it myself. ;)

Jan 4, 2006, 10:54:00 a.m.  
Blogger crazyauntpurl said...

OMG... Ok.

1) You know I have the Patons Up Country obsession, right?

2) In case I would run out of Up Country, with it being RUDELY DISCONTINUED and all, I also bought some Gjestal Naturgarn. Just for backup. heh.

3) Bought the pattern book with this sweater in it, too.

4) Sat down one day, excited about sweater.

5) Read directions.

6) Drank more wine.

7) Looked at the cats, blamed them for my stupid love of stockinette.

8) whimpered

9) Put pattern away in shame/

10) drank rest of the bottle.

I. Feel. Your. Pain.

Jan 5, 2006, 6:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged