Friday, December 30, 2005

Knitting lots, not writing much...

Hmm...I've spent more time this week actually knitting, instead of reading or writing about it. I finished up a little shrug for TMO that I started last summer, and I'm working on finishing up my rust coloured Touch Me scarf that I'm planning on felting. My New Years' resolution is to actually finish things, instead of just starting a ton of new projects...we'll see how long this lasts. It's my resolution every year.

My husband took this week off, so we're doing stuff as a family...like today, I had the brainy idea that we should take TMO to the Children's Museum in Everett. So did half the Seattle Metro area, because I think anyone with a child was there. I had about enough was when two girls, who looked to be around nine or ten, (and who should be old enough to possess some manners, or similar social graces), physically climbed over my child to crawl into an exhibit. No "Excuse me", or anything. TMO couldn't have cared less, but D and I were less than impressed.

I received my Safran a while back from Knitty Noddy. The colours are so rich...just beautiful. AND, Evelyn, the owner, included a little card with some samples of other yarns. Oooh...there was a swatch of Lana Grossa Cool Wool 2000 that was just incredible. But, I'm trying to be strong...I have a whole large Rubbermaid container of yarn. I don't need more yarn. (Need, no....but want....whole other story). So, toning down the yarn purchases is yet another New Years' resolution. (Which is to motivate me to do Resolution #1, or at least, do up the projects that I've purchased the yarn for).

Good intentions....Yup, I'm full of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Hey Tinkerbeth...actually, I got a real kick out of your post. It did have a Yoda-esque sound to it. I use my favourite Yoda quote on my husband all the "Do or not do...there is no 'try'."

Dec 30, 2005, 1:42:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged