Friday, December 16, 2005

TMO hat, take 37....











So here was TMO's hat as of Wednesday night. The yarn is Cascade 220 in an ivory colour, number 4137, using size 7 needles. I got that far, and then realized I didn't like it. It looked too, well, wimpy. So, it got ripped back to nothing, and I started over. This time, I doubled the yarn and used size 13s.

I took a picture of the two varying sizes of earflaps. I like the bigger, chunkier knit look. Plus, I narrowed the width of the flap. It was four inches wide, but then I decided that that was too wide. The new flap is three inches wide.

So, I finished the hat last night, blocked it, and now I have to bribe convince someone that they like it as well as their other hat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I lovelovelovelovelove your song! I lovelovelovelovelove your song!

;)

Dec 16, 2005, 1:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Palmer said...

kim,

i like the chunkier look, too, for the flaps, but don't have a good mental picture of the finished product.

i sure know the deal with children who know what they want to wear. for our daughter, i just make stuff and if she likes something, she can have it. i never try to guess what she might like.

i have a blog problem, my sidebar just dropped to below my content and i have no idea why. waiting for a reply from blogger, i sent them an email...

sarina

Dec 17, 2005, 8:05:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged