Sunday, December 18, 2005

Oh, how I hate to be wrong....

So my husband D went on another painting rampage last night. He was doing the downstairs...the walls that were previously unpainted were to become a warm, inviting golden colour. Think candlelight...melted honey...demerara sugar. I chose a colour called 'Yellow Gold'....can't miss, right? I mean...the swatch looked great...(I know...I know...they make those tester packs for a reason....don't remind me)...

So it went up on most of the walls. Think 'Slightly Unripe Banana.' Think 'Yellow with a Whole Lot of Chartreuse'...

But since I have a Wonderful Husband, he is at Home Depot selecting an un-fugly shade of yellow. To fix my mistake. I think I'll be hearing about this one for a while. Maybe this snafu can replace the Raw Chicken Christmas story (Our first Christmas together, and I had minimal cooking skills back then)...

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Palmer said...

oops. it is more amazing when the color comes out right, in my experience.

i fixed my blog, you were right, the image was too big, it was a puzzle for awhile.

Dec 18, 2005, 9:47:00 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am impressed that you are finding time to paint the week before christmas! I have a banana yellow kitchen (thank you previous owners) that I need to fix.

Dec 19, 2005, 11:57:00 a.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Well, it's just going to be the three of us here for Christmas...our company doesn't come until Boxing Day (the 26th)...but, I still have a few things to do.

Oh yeah...and I don't paint...it's my husband that does it. He worked construction during his University years, so he's got it down to a science.

Dec 19, 2005, 4:22:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged