Friday, July 28, 2006

Driving...

Before I start writing what I have planned for this posting, I'd just like to thank all those who have left their kind words of support. You have no idea how much that means to me. I'm going through a rather difficult time, personally, right now, and so my postings may be a little on the melancholy side, but reflection is the only way that I can figure things out. I find it very cathartic to just write. It's funny...I can be an intensely private person, so it may seem strange for people who know me to think that I have a blog...personal writings for anyone to see. But, this is another thing that I've kept private...all who read this have found it pretty much on their own...

I'm reading a book right now that my dear friend Michelle lent me -- Soul Gardening by Terry Hershey. The basic premise of the book is to slow down, and to find peace in the moment. It really helps for those moments when I get so agitated that I want to crawl out of my own skin.

Jumping in the car and going for a long drive has always been a type of therapy for me. Last night, I had to get out of the house, so I went for a very long drive...stereo cranked so loudly that it rattled the outside mirrors. Nothing but me and the highway stretching out in front of me. Driving past the farms out in the country. Driving along West Marine View Drive, watching the sun sink into Possession Sound.

Thanks for listening...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Driving helps me too. And sitting in a nice place. Just sitting.

Jul 29, 2006, 1:19:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged