Sunday, July 30, 2006

Good Morning....

I've been waking up in the early morning hours a lot these days. For someone who has been a night person all her life, this is something odd. And now, I've been up since around six. It's very peaceful, sitting here, listening to the rain...the only other sound I hear is my fingers tapping away on the keys.

It reminds me of a memory that I have from many years ago. At the end of my third year of University, I had a lot of papers due. I prioritized and worked on my major's papers first, ignoring my electives' papers. So, it came down to having to write a paper for my Abnormal Psych class. I started at 9 pm the day before it was due. By 4 am, I was done, and I sat in my apartment, feeling an intense sense of relief and accomplishment. I sat there, drinking my coffee, watching the sun come up. It was such a peaceful moment.

Maybe that's why I keep waking up so early. I think I'm going to make myself some coffee now...maybe read a little. Watch the birds at the bird feeder. Enjoy the moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Morning definitely has its delights, especially when you're the first one awake...and you have a decent cup of coffee.

Jul 31, 2006, 8:26:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged