Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Backyard pics

I have this sort of love/hate thing going on with the great outdoors. I love gardening, but I hate all the bug spray/sunblock that I have to pile on to do it. I have a combination of pasty white skin, and apparently really tasty blood to the ravenous mosquitoes here. I love the backyard at our house. I'm amazed more and more each day how beautiful the flower beds are that the previous owners put in. Speaking of which, I am totally procrastinating right now finishing off the upsizing of one of the back ones, which I should do before I have to go to work this afternoon.

So, I thought I'd share some pics of what the place looks like.

This is the little bed along the back of the garage. I have plans to make this bigger too. It's edged be some pieces of wood that are all rotting away, and I'm not fond of the very straight rectangle shape that it is.

But I love the huge bleeding heart, and the hostas, and the columbines. I can't remember what the plant is in the middle...I had one in a garden a long time ago, and it is really bugging me, because I should remember.







Olivia found this little garden objet d'art and we had to bring it home.











Flower bed behind the back deck.








Irises and white-flowered shrub by the garden shed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Hey Kim, the plant in the middle is Hosta..a shade-loving plant that is adored by deer. Enjoy the garden!

Jun 13, 2007, 5:00:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged