Monday, June 11, 2007

I DO actually remember how to knit...

So I got the living room painted and all the books unpacked in time for my visit on Wednesday. And then I came down with the mother of all colds.
No energy...coughing...sore throat...the works. So, Thursday, my wonderful fiance Donnie said, "You have worked so hard...I want you to do nothing today. Just sit and relax." So, I pulled out some projects that have been sitting around forever. Like Olivia's coral cardi, which has been languishing in my trunk for a year. Good thing I size up the piece that I'm working on for her, because by the time I finish things, she's significantly older. I'm working on one of the sleeves, and it's working up quickly. I may even finish it this year.

I was working on a different project...I've ripped back the sweater that I was making out the Endless Summer Lara. This is now the third different project that I have started with this yarn. Maybe I've found a winner yet. I keep ripping it back and trying something new with it. So, anyways, I found a pattern for just a simple ribbed shell, and I was sitting on the couch with Donnie, watching some variation on Law and Order. He was watching me intently.

"Wow...that's amazing," he says.

"What is?"

"That...that looks so...hard. You're doing that thing with the needles and the yarn in front and back...It looks complicated." (He is looking at me like I am splitting an atom.)

"Football is complicated, sweetie, this is not."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let him believe it's difficult and mystical! :) It never fails to amaze my husband how two sticks and a chunk of string turn into socks, hats, blankies, or anything else. Likewise, it continually amazes me that people sit in front of computers all day just typing in stuff and programs come out.

Jun 11, 2007, 1:43:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged