Saturday, July 21, 2007

My idea of roughing it...


We were at the cabin for the last couple of days. It was so relaxing and peaceful. Well, when this is the view from the upper deck, how can it not be?
It has all the amenties that you want in a cabin: electricity....running water....indoor plumbing, it just doesn't have a phone, television, or an internet connection.
Years ago, my parents had a cabin at this same lake, but on a different beach. It was one of those things that I didn't appreciate then...I hated going out there and being away from my friends. But then, when we were out there, there was a never-ending list of things to do, which completely defeats the purpose of having a place whose purpose is to be an escape: to get away from it all and to relax.

Last night, we all sat on the deck and watched the birds in the trees. We had some prosciutto and melon, and drank some champagne. Just because it was Friday. Olivia told stories about the sandcastles she built that day on the beach in front of the cabin. It was a nice get away, if only for a few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Sounds like a wonderful place to be. Now, apropos to nothing on your post: don't you have a super dress form? I'm thinking about getting one for myself, but don't know where to start. I searched your blog for "dress form," but couldn't come up with a post where you discuss it. Thanks.
Deb

Jul 22, 2007, 4:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged