Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It's going to be a long two weeks...

A couple of weeks ago, Olivia and I were having breakfast. It was an ordinary day, and we were talking about just ordinary things. Probably T-Rexes. It seems to be the topic of choice around here.

Out of the blue, she looked up at me and said, "Mom, I remember your bad years. At the blue house."

The house we lived in the States was blue.

I was stunned into silence as she explained, "It made you sad, and it made me angry. But I take that bad stuff out of my brain,"

She moved her hand toward her forehead and made a grabbing motion.

"And I throw it away."

She moved her hand away from her head and shook it open.

She is on a two week vacation with her dad right now, so I don't know if I'll be writing much for the next little while. I'm finding a lot of things to do to keep busy.

It helps a lot that I am with an incredibly patient, caring man who understands that this is a really difficult time for me, and supports me even though this is a really hard time for him too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a profound thing to say for a child. That is very impressive. My thoughts are with you right now during this hard time for you. Take care.

Aug 18, 2007, 10:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger Princess Zarko said...

Yes:) Miss Olivia is quite amazing!

Aug 23, 2007, 11:43:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged