Wednesday, August 29, 2007

She's back!

Actually, Olivia's been back for over a week now. She was gone for six days. We've been fighting through two nasty infections she came home with. She's on four different types of medication, poor girl. But, she's been a trooper through it, even though I tasted one, and it had to have been the absolute worst-tasting stuff I have ever encountered. It's great to have her back; our house was definitely not the same without her.

In less than two weeks she starts preschool. I attended the Annual Meeting the other night, and joined the Cleaning Committee. It's a co-operative, non-profit preschool, which relies heavily on parental involvement to make it work. Every parent has a turn to be teacher's aide, so every fifteen classes, I get to see what it's like to handle fifteen four-year-olds. I really have to hand it people who are called to teaching, and do it well. I remember a couple of month ago, we were looking after two of Donnie's nephews, Sam and Isaac, who are four and eight. Ok, I say 'we', but really, I was laid out with the flu, and not too useful. Donnie had to run out for fifteen minutes during lunch, so I looked after the kids. I'm used to just one child, so having three was quite a change. And challenging. Especially when you've just gotten up after being asleep for 32 hours straight, and they all needed something at the same time...

"Can I have a napkin?"

"I need a juice."

"Can you cut mine up into smaller pieces?"

"Are you getting a puppy?"


On an entirely other note, I've actually started sewing some stuff. I've had a pair of pyjamas cut out for Donnie for the last several months. It was supposed to be a birthday present, but it didn't really get off the ground. His birthday was in May. But I tell you, these are going to be worth waiting for. Burgundy silk charmeuse piped with this.

There's even a monogram on the shirt pocket. He can channel his inner Hugh Hefner.

Olivia's been helping me, too. She sits on my lap and presses the buttons on the machine. When she tires of that, she takes a scrap of fabric and creates 'shirts' for all of her dinosaurs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Princess Zarko said...

So glad to hear all is right in your world again:)

Aug 31, 2007, 11:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged