Saturday, November 12, 2005

New yarn! New yarn!


At our last knitting guild meeting, Mary (one of the members) proposed a great idea. For our December meeting, we're going to do a scarf exchange. We're free to do any type we want...warm, novelty, whatever...just something that you would like to receive as a gift...so no ugly yarn de-stashing.


So...after D finished raking the leaves/chatting with our new neighbours, I went to my favourite local yarn enabler store, Weathered Wool. It's a little shop run by Chris, the woman who created the knitting guild. She has it in her house in the country...how cool is that? You can sit at her table in there, knit and have a coffee or tea. I picked up two skeins of Art Yarns Supermerino colour 114 for the scarf. It's a beautiful mix of purples and golds. It reminds me of pansies, or crocuses. I'll probably do a simple 2x2 rib pattern.

I also picked up yarn to make myself Fiber Trends' Felted Clogs. My feet are always freezing in the winter, and I just loved the pairs that Chris had in her shop. She made her oldest son a pair using Cascade 220. She used the green and blue Quattro for the body of the slipper, and royal blue for the sole and cuff. I picked up two skeins of Cascade Quattro 9440 for the body,and one skein of 9474 for the sole and cuff. Aaah...new slippers...maybe I'll have to get some new pyjamas to match...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I just finished a poncho for my daughter in that same color of quattro I think

Nov 13, 2005, 10:44:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

I bet it looks beautiful; that yarn is just so cool-looking.

Checked out your blogs...your kids are sooo cute!!

Nov 14, 2005, 1:11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooohhh! I love artful yarns! I have a hank in that I was going to mix some koigu ...but after seeing their colors again I may have to rethink that entirely. Decisions, decisions...:-)

Nov 14, 2005, 1:49:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

I'm knitting away on my scarf for the scarf exchange (with this absolutely luscious Art Yarns), and the more I knit it, the more I think I need to make me my own after I'm finished.

But Art Yarns and Koigu mixed together...oooh, wow....

Nov 14, 2005, 1:55:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged