Sunday, November 20, 2005

What I've been working on

I'm still working on my scarf for the scarf exchange. There's only so many rows of 2x2 rib knit that you can do before it gets a little monotonous. I've done about thirty-six inches so far; the plan is for it to be about sixty inches long. I like to be able to wrap a scarf around my neck, and still have enough to tie, so I'm hoping the recipient will too. Better than a too-short scarf, I think.

It's been cold here the last few days. I'm knitting TMO a pair of mittens. They're burgundy, to match her Noro hat and burgundy jacket. I did the first inch in some of the left over Noro...there was enough orange to do both mittens. I'd post a picture, but I'm lazy right now...I'd have to get off of my nice, comfy chair, find the camera, and set up a display. Oh wait...D has the camera....

D is outside right now visiting with the neighbours. Yes...outside...one of our new neighbours has a portable fire pit, and all the neighbours get together every weekend and visit. We really lucked out with this new house...there is such a close-knit group of young families here. He's showing off his handiwork...our new closet is becoming a reality...and those years of working construction to pay for his pricey university has really paid off.

Here is the closet in our room before.......And after*

*The after pic isn't as cool as how it actually looks now...D did the demo work, and now is ready to drywall...but, like I said, he's got the camera outside...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged