Monday, December 05, 2005

Colour

So the great painting task has begun. I really hate white walls, unless it's an intentional white. While I can appreciate a room designed to look like an art gallery, with its white walls and white furniture, I can't live like that. Too sterile. Give me colour! Lots of it!

As I wrote earlier, the previous owners painted most of the walls a slightly blah shade of grey. I took a picture to illustrate:
Sky...walls...no differenceThis is in our stairwell. See the sky? See the walls? SAME COLOUR. The stairwell is going to be Behr Sconce Gold. But the big change is downstairs. D did the Chianti colour. When he has time off at Christmas, he'll do the other walls in Yellow Gold.





Kitchen before.... After....


Ignore the general mess, and the appliances. Our new stainless steel ones are being delivered tomorrow.

But the big change is in the living room.

Before... After...


When we bought our first place, we had a similar colour scheme, but it was more of a true red in the living room, and a sunny yellow in the adjacent hallway. When I was excitedly telling my brother-in-law, he was apprehensive of our colour choice. I believe his comment was, "So....did you want your house to look like a McDonald's?"

We live in a part of the country where it's overcast about eight months out of the year...we need bright.

3 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Yes...you are the Painting King. ;)

Dec 5, 2005, 1:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow. Looks amazing! I bet you a boatload o' Manos that the previous owners were told to paint the walls a neutral color by their real estate agent. Nothing else could explain the gray. :)

Dec 5, 2005, 2:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

I watch HGTV's 'Designed to Sell', and I just don't get that whole "Everything MUST be neutral". Our McDonald's Playland-inspired townhouse sold in two days. With competing offers... so :P on that theory... A boatload of Manos?....boy, I'd pirate that one

Dec 5, 2005, 2:25:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged