Saturday, December 03, 2005

I am loving my scarf...

I am loving my new scarf from our scarf exchange last night! Thank you Katie! It is so warm and soft, and I wore it with my green leather jacket and turquoise shirt today, and it is so awesome! Actually, I haven't really taken it off since I got it last night. I was so cold last night, I wore it with my pyjamas. And it is so cold in here now, because D is painting the downstairs, and has the windows open to get rid of the smell. Goodbye crappy November-Seattle-sky coloured walls! Hello Chianti and Yellow Gold! It looks awesome. He broke down and bought dark-tinted primer for the Chianti coloured walls...what a difference it makes...when we painted our old living room red, we didn't use any primer. It went on bright, screaming fuschia...and blotchy to boot. And took five (FIVE!) coats to get it the right colour. This will take only two.

TMO went out to Ben Franklin's tonight, because they have an awesome yarn sale on now. Picked up some Muench Touch Me for scarves. Rebecca did an incredible scarf for our exchange last night...Cast on 20, knit 16 rows, then do 16 in stocking stitch, then four in knit, alternate until the end, then finish off with knit 16. Felt down, (one cycle), and attach fringe. Uses three balls. It felt like velvet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Let me know what you think of knitting with the Touch Me. I am tempted to try it, because the end result after felting sounds so nice. But every encounter I have had with chenille-type yarns has ended with my throwing it down screaming. LOL!

The mukluks. I didn't notice that it called for 6 skeins of Foxy and I sure didn't know that it cost $28 per skein. I wouldn't have made them anyway, but that's the sort of pattern that I think needs to be scotched just on the basis of sheer impracticability for the average knitter. Although I guess one of the things I like about IK is seeing projects that I might never knit, but that I can appreciate as good work. Hmm.

Dec 4, 2005, 7:38:00 a.m.  
Blogger kim said...

I've heard some bad things about chenille yarns, so I was hesitant, but Touch Me is behaving nicely. The only snag I've run into is joining...there's some worming on the back, but other than that, it's been great...It does tend to bias though, but it'll be a design feature. ;)

Dec 4, 2005, 2:22:00 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Palmer said...

you have color everywhere in your life! perfect for december...

awaiting photos...

Dec 5, 2005, 7:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged