Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Back to knitting....

So after basically crying for two days straight, I'm all good now....thanks again for all the kind words. So now, I can knit again. I have learned that if I'm in a bad mood, I should not knit, because my tension (gauge) is waaaaayyy off. I'm one of those lucky people that knits everything true to the recommendations, but when I'm stressed, or angry...whoa....tight tight tight. I used to watch "Judging Amy" when it was on, and I got a kick out of Tyne Daly's character, who after having a bad day, would go home, drink wine, and do some "really bad knitting".

I'm working on my slippers. I have the Fiber Trends felted clogs pattern. It's so funny how huge these things are. I've finished one, and I think it could fit Shaq. I wear a size 7. I also felted down TMO's mittens. She loves them, but I think I felted them a tad too much...they seemed just about right when I took them out of the washer, but they shrunk up more as they dried, even though I kept pulling the heck out of them. They're a little short, but since the jacket probably won't fit her next year, I'm not too worried. They work for now. I can always do up another pair. I don't have any pictures because I'm lazy. I am upstairs, the camera's up here, and all the stuff is downstairs. And that would mean I'd have to drag my very comfortable, wine-drinking self down the stairs. Maybe it'll actually be sunny tomorrow, so I can take some pictures where the colours aren't all wonky.

Oh yeah...finished my secret santa scarf for knitting this week. AND I made my cookies too. We're going to have a little Christmas party....drink apple cider (or coffee), eat cookies, knit, listen to Christmas music...
I just have to block my scarf. I did it in 2x2 rib, and I think it's about as tall as me (5'7"). I'm STILL not going to have a new sweater to wear, since my Orangy (remember that?) is sitting in the closet, still in its time-out for bad behaviour.

Oh yeah.... those cookies I made...for the first knitting guild meeting, Gabi brought them, and they were the BEST chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. So I had to make them...but I used Nestle Swirls instead (caramel-and-chocolate chips). Sooo good.

Zip’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

2-1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup butter (or butter-flavor Crisco)
¼ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pkg (3.5 oz) vanilla instant pudding
2 eggs
1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Add vanilla and eggs; cream again.

Mix all dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop small spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 375º for 6 minutes
.

The only thing I did differently is I baked them for 10 minutes...but now that I read the recipe...I don't remember if I had it at 375....hmm....oh well, check them after six minutes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged