Thursday, November 24, 2005

Wow...that's all I can say...

I got my first mention on another blog...isn't that cool? Laura from Affiknitty gave me a little shout out because I helped her put a background on her header. AND, she said that I had a cool blog! And to visit it! And people are!

I think I'm going to print out that post and put it up on the wall. My "Wall of Fame". Hee hee. Sorry....I've been giggling to myself all day...

On the home front...our closet is progressing nicely. A wise person once said that if married people wanted to stay married, they should not wallpaper together. Well, that goes triple for hanging drywall. Ack...and then throw in a very inquisitive child who wants to 'help fix'....

Thank God for chocolate.

It should be interesting when we hook up the electrical work. For my own curiosity, when TMO and I were at the library the other day, I picked up some books on how to do electrical work. Now here's a scary title...."The Complete Idiot's Guide to Electrical Repair". Should we really empower idiots into thinking they should rewire their houses? I know, the whole 'Complete Idiot's Guides' and the 'Dummies' series are good books, well written and very informative, but the titles? Come on....

It reminds me of something that happened quite a few years back. I was buying a magazine at the little bookstore near my house, and there happened to be a long line for the register. So of course, you start checking out what other people are buying. A woman further up the line from me was holding a copy of "Sex for Dummies", and kept saying, "No really...it's not for me....it's for a friend...". Okaaaay....right......

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving...have a happy one, and if you have to travel...stay safe.

And be thankful you're not drywalling with your significant other. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I'm so glad I made your day! :) Are people really coming here from Affiknitty, or were you just saying that to be nice? I still don't believe that anyone actually reads my blog. Ha!

Drywalling with the SigO. Boy, that is serious commitment. LOL! I laughed when I read your comment about empowering idiots to rewire their houses. It reminded me of a "title" on a list of rejected children's books I once saw: "Mr. Screwdriver and Mr. Electrical Socket Are Friends."

Happy Thanksgiving!

Nov 24, 2005, 8:08:00 a.m.  
Blogger Dave Palmer said...

I am a beginning blogger and need some mentoring. You started your blog about the same time as me and you are WAY ahead of me. If you are interested, please leave a comment on my blog... no problem if you are too busy.

thanks, sarina

Nov 24, 2005, 10:26:00 a.m.  
Blogger Dave Palmer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Nov 24, 2005, 11:50:00 a.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Hey Laura! Yup...traffic is being directed from your site...I have Stat Counter code to log who visits my little blog...and eight people took the time to check me out! (To me...that's lots.)

Nov 24, 2005, 2:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Hi Sarina...saved your email address and deleted your comment.

Nov 24, 2005, 4:03:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged