Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Scarves


Here's a pic of my Art Yarns scarf that I did up for our scarf exchange. I made myself choose a colour that I don't usually work with, just for something different. I usually gravitate to anything autumnal...browns, oranges,
rusts...or spring-like...apple green and peony pink were my favourite colours together last spring/summer. So I chose purple. I don't wear purple, but the way that the dyers at Art Yarns put colours together with it, I have a new appreciation for it.




Here's the scarf that I got in return. It's made out of Sullivan's Sensuale.





I finished one of my Touch Me scarves. I've read a lot of nasty things about chenille-type yarns -- how they catch on themselves, worm out, and generally are a pain to try and do stocking stitch. This behaved really well. The only thing is, that the finished fabric tends to bias, and that is accentuated with felting. It'll be a design feature. And, currently, the edges are curling like mad, but, that is supposed to be solved with felting. I'm going to attach the fringe afterwards, and I plan to secure a bead with each fringe piece.



I started another Touch Me scarf. This one is in a lacy pattern. I'm pretty new to lace, and I have found that I really have to concentrate when knitting. Do not try to watch TV and knit at the same time, or at least nothing that competes with my attention. I'm really excited about how this is going to turn out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oooh, both your scarf and the one that you made are sooo pretty. I am envious of your dress form. I want one. :)

Can't wait to hear about the Touch Me felting!

Dec 6, 2005, 9:47:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Dressforms are sooo useful...mine is a Dritz My Twin, with some modifications...I have some weird fitting issues, so I wrapped some saran wrap around myself, and applied paper watercolour tape (the stuff you use to tack down the paper to your board). Then I superimposed my taped self on the premade form.

Dec 6, 2005, 11:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged