Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hey...Fair Isle isn't as hard as I thought...


So, I've been working along on my Knitting Olympics project, and really, Fair Isle knitting isn't that bad. It's one of those things that looks waaaay harder than it is. This sweater is going to be so cute...it's so bright, and the Safran yarn is a joy to work with. It has a really tight twist, so it isn't splitty at all. I may have to make myself a sweater out of it later.

I may end up lining the sweater with a cotton knit fabric, to cover up all the stranded bits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So far it looks great! Love the pattern and colors.

Feb 11, 2006, 9:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow, that looks so pretty. Your stitches are nice and even, which I think is the hardest thing to do with fair isle. Can't wait to see some more!

Feb 12, 2006, 4:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged