Thursday, May 04, 2006

Am I going to be sore tomorrow...

After I write this, I am going to collapse into bed and do some knitting. It's my reward for doing stuff today. My big joke around here is that I do one useful thing a day...well, today, I outdid myself. My useful things, (in no particular order) included cleaning the front windows, vacuuming the rugs, going to the dentist, watering the front flower beds, and planting a vegetable garden with O. She was really excited about the garden. We have orange carrots, purple carrots, beans, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, red peppers and jalapeno peppers planted in it. The plan is to turn the one weed patch beside the back patio into a kitchen garden, with all kinds of herbs in it. The previous owners weren't big into gardening, and let all the flower beds turn into monstrous weed pits.

Can't wait for those purple carrots...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you get purple carrot seeds? I'm very curious to know since I have a 6 and 3 year old and they would get a kick out of them.

May 5, 2006, 12:26:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

I found them at Fred Meyer...I can't remember offhand what brand they are...but they looked really cool.

May 6, 2006, 12:54:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! There's one over in Burien that I can go to. Thanks!

May 8, 2006, 1:11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged