Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I have an eclectic taste in music. It ranges from 30s-era jazz to Metallica.

But I've always had an affinity for Johnny Cash -- ever since I was about four years old. My mom would take my brother and I to church every Sunday. Afterwards, as we were driving home, as soon as we pulled into the driveway, you could always hear the music that my dad was playing. He has an eclectic taste in music, too. But one of his all-time favourites was Johnny Cash. He'd be playing his old records, and I would always have him play 'Ring of Fire'. Sunday wasn't complete without it.

I love this song, 'Hurt'. Its emotion is so raw.

HURT (by Johnny Cash)

Get music videos for your own profile!
Over 40,000 music videos to choose from at VideoCodeZone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Jeepers that's a powerful video. I got the album when it soon after it came out, never saw any videos from it, and haven't listened to it in a while. His interpretation of this song, in particular, is haunting. Thanks for putting it on your blog.
d.

Aug 17, 2006, 9:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Yeah, I've seen this video probably dozens of times, and it gives me chills every time I watch it.

There aren't many songs where the remake is better than the original, but I think this surpasses all others.

Aug 17, 2006, 11:11:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged