Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Seventy five yards of tulle later...

I'm knee deep in flowergirl dresses. They are ivory silk dupioni with accents in pink. The highlight is the smocked inset, with pink freshwater pearls scattered over the smocked design. This is what Arielle's dress looked like a week ago.

Here's what it looks like today. I just have to finish the bodice lining, and do the buttonholes and buttons, and it's done.

I'm also doing tulle pettiskirts to go underneath, to keep the dresses poufed out. And, also, because I am insane. The bottom ruffle on each layer is about 75 yards of gathered tulle. I tried it on Olivia just to get an idea of what it would look like, and I had a devil of a time trying to get it off of her.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged