Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Books by mail

We live about an hour and a half away from a decent bookstore. That may be a good thing, since the both of us collect books, and although we have two seriously large bookcases, space is getting tight on some of them. Of course, I have them all categorized on the different shelves...one shelf is for art history (almost full)... one is for history (almost full)...another is for our favourite authors (not quite full enough)...and so on.

Image from www.amazon.ca
I found this book online, and I had to have it. I've always loved the look of the Project Alabama clothes, and now there's a book showing you how to recreate your own $1,200 skirt? Click, click, mine.

It's a beautiful book, with its linen binding and heavy pages. I picked it up at the post office after I dropped off Olivia at her ballet class. There's nothing like opening up our mailbox and seeing the little card telling you that you have a package. I paged through it while Olivia practiced being a rainbow flower. It is written in a very familiar, chatty style, and it makes you feel like you are almost there. Interspersed with the sewing projects are some of the author's favourite recipes. I really enjoy the Alabama Chanin website. It is absolutely beautiful. The Fall/Winter 08-09 catalogue is an absolute work of art. Its imagaes are amazingly powerful. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged