Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dresses in the works


So, because I am crazy, I have decided to make my own wedding dress. I have a little less than six months to do it. I cut out all the pattern pieces and pinned them together on my dress form. I think I'm off to a good start. The fabric for the upper part is on its way...it should be at customs now. The accent part is going to be ivory hand beaded silk georgette, and the bottom is going to be ivory silk duchesse satin.

I'm also doing Olivia's and Arielle's flower girl dresses. They are going to be ecru and pink silk dupioni, with hand smocked and beaded insets on them.

As I re-read this, I do believe that I am insane for tackling this, but it will be worth it.

I'm home from work today. I've been having some issues with my back, and I had a deep-tissue massage on Monday, and I have been so sore ever since. Today, I woke up with a tingling in my hand, which means a pinched nerve, so it's a day of rest for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged