Monday, December 12, 2005

I was happily knitting along...

So I was just making great strides on Slipper Number Two of my felted clogs, and I was pushing my stitches down onto my needle's cord (my Denise Interchangeables...oh, how I love them). My stitches were a tad tight, so I was using a bit more force than usual, and stabilizing the end against my leg, and I heard a little *snap*. Yup, cracked the cord right at the connector. So...I checked out my local Ben Franklin's, where they sell the kits, and they don't sell replacement parts. ARGGHH.

I could use another cord, but I also lost one of the connector bits. So, an order will be placed today...And I'm thinking of picking up one of the super-long cords...either the 40" or the 52"...I'm thinking of making a wrap for myself, somewhere down the road...

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Ah, and if you have the 40" cord, you can do Magic Loop!

If Denises had needles smaller than 5s, I would definitely be all over it. As it is, I'm waffling.

Dec 12, 2005, 8:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Do you do that Magic Loop thing? I had someone explain it to me at knitting, and I felt like my head was in a loop. I'll have to get a book on it. SOMETHING so I can get over that One Sock Syndrome.

Yeah, I wish Denises came in smaller than 5s, too. Something with the connection system, it can't be done. :(

Dec 12, 2005, 10:05:00 p.m.  
Blogger Dave Palmer said...

kim,

now you have to wait??!! arghh is right... maybe you have some other project in the wings that you can work on.

are you using the fiber trends pattern? it makes some great slippers, what a fun transformation when they felt.

sarina

Dec 13, 2005, 7:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kim,

Thank you so much for the sweater advice. I have used wrap and turns for a pumpkin hat so it won't be too forign to me. The only thing is figuring out where to do them for the cardigan. However I think I can just check out the busty tank and get an idea.

Thanks so much!

Dec 13, 2005, 3:22:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged