Friday, December 09, 2005

TMO dances...

I really don't know from where she gets her rhythm...her father and I aren't exactly graceful out on the dance floor. Me....well, let's just say, have you seen that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine is dancing? All wonky elbows and thumbs and weird lurching? Ok, so I'm not that bad, but close. D....well, when he wants to hit the dance floor, I know he's had a little too much to drink. Like the time we went out with friends to the bar (pre-child), and he dragged me out on the dance floor, where he proceeded to dance like nobody's business. Too bad the band was on a break, and there wasn't really any music playing....So what does this have to do with knitting....well, see the pink sweater O's wearing. Yup,I knit that. And it's too small. Well, kind of. Let me explain.

As I explained before, O's tricky to buy clothes for. I want to knit this sweater again, because I think it's so cute. But the sizing of children's sweaters.... who thought this up? I knit it based on a size two pattern. The chest measures something like 30 inches. She's almost three...not thirteen. And it needs about three inches added to the length. And the neckline...huge. It's almost like those Flashdance sweaters from an eon ago. And if the neckline fit properly, the sleeves would need a few more pattern repeats.


The pattern is from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tots. And I'd definitely would not knit it with the same yarn that I used. The pattern called for Rowan somethingsomething (my books are all still packed in boxes in the garage, or I'd look it up. Sorry.), but to save money, I used Reynold's Saucy. I will never use Saucy for anything, ever again. She's worn it only several times, and it's already looking like a knit dishcloth, all pilly and such. I'd use something from Elann next time, like this. I really liked the Endless Summer Lara, so I'm sure the Connemara would be fine too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh my goodness. She is too cute. And the sweater is really pretty, even if you are not that happy with the sizing. Thanks for the tip about Saucy. I've considered it before -- now I'll take a pass!

Dec 9, 2005, 8:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Thanks! Yeah, we think she's pretty cute, too.

And with the Saucy, I learned a valuable lesson: a yarn can be inexpensive, but still good. You just have to hunt around for it.

Dec 10, 2005, 6:32:00 p.m.  
Blogger kim said...

You know, it's funny, when we found out we were having a girl, I said repeatedly, "I am NOT dressing her in pink all the time". Guess what 90% of her wardrobe is comprised of?

Thanks Christin...pink IS her colour.

Dec 12, 2005, 3:41:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged