Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Knitting Olympics deadline came and went....

And I'm still not finished my sweater. I have the two front button bands done, the second sleeve 3/4 done, with just the neckline band to do. I was just starting to get sick of it, and as Laura commented,
"If I were forced to work on the same thing for 16 days,I would become filled with hate and resentment toward it, thus filling the knitted item with all sorts of Bad JuJu."

Couldn't have said it better myself. So, I switched from the Oh-My-God-I'm-Not-Going-to-Finish-This-in-Time mode to the more Zen, Enjoy-the-Process mode. So, I haven't been rushing it. I'm just happy that I did as well as I did, because I didn't solely devote the sixteen days to knitting...not when I have a three year old at home.

Speaking of which, O had her first Parent and Child gymnastics class. I really had no idea what to expect, but dang! they have those little things doing some (I think) major stuff. This is a class for two and three year olds, and they walk on the balance beam doing kicks, then walk sideways, then backwards, do an assisted flip on the little uneven bar, forward rolls, jump on the little springboard....wow....just amazing. O wasn't really into it until that flip on the bar (she lives to be upside down)...after that, she was pretty cool with it. Oh yeah...and for the Parent part of it...I got worried when I saw the other moms in workout gear...but no flips for us...just hand-holding.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

LOL! That's okay -- I've been sitting on those darn Lapland mittens for weeks now too. They are almost done, well, at least 75% done, and I just can't summon up the excitement to finish them. Not even the prospect of a finished object on my blog is getting me motivated. That is sad.

Mar 7, 2006, 8:24:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged