Friday, February 24, 2006

What's that up ahead? Oh yeah...the wall that I may be hitting...

There comes a point in every project when you just can't stand to look at it anymore. This is why I do multiple projects at once. I like change. I thought today I would get the first sleeve done, and a good part of the second one. Ha. Nope. So....what did I do instead? I decided to trace out a pattern for a sweater coat. Then, of course, there's my favourite girl O to entertain, so we played many games of 'The Elephant that Escaped from the Zoo and is Being Chased by the Police Car'. Which means that O stomps around the center of the house making elephant sounds, while I chase her, making police car sounds. She made up this game. It's one of her favourites. (She has a really vivid imagination.) And then I talked to my Mom on the phone for about an hour. And then, of course, I had to see what kind of ceiling fans Home Depot had on their website while O was sleeping. Oh yeah, then I had to call and get some information on gymnastics classes for TMO, to get her out of the house more.

I should not have checked that Olympics countdown...I really thought that I had until tomorrow night, but I have tons of time...and there's nothing like a going down to the wire for a die-hard procrastinator like me.

Ok...time to bite the bullet and finish that first sleeve...

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I agree completely! This is why I knew the Knitting Olympics were not for me. If I were forced to work on the same thing for 16 days, I would become filled with hate and resentment toward it, thus filling the knitted item with all sorts of Bad JuJu. And I would have had to be monogamous, I'm afraid, to finish a truly challenging project in that time frame. Good luck with those sleeves, I know you can do it! :)

Feb 24, 2006, 6:16:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged