Sunday, August 20, 2006

Something I found...

My friend Michelle lent me a couple of books to read while I'm going through my difficult time. The one that I just finished is called Sacred Necessities by Terry Hershey. The premise of the book is that to be truly alive, we need but few things. A few sacred necessities....Amazement, Sanctuary, Grace, Stillness, Simplicity, Resilience, and Friendship.

In the Friendship chapter, I found this poem by James Kavanaugh, which I love...


Will you be my friend?
There are so many reasons why you never should
I'm seldom predictably the same,
I bluster and brag,
I seek attention like a child,
I brood and I pout,
my anger can be wild
but underneath I shake a little every day
more than strangers would ever know.
And I wonder --
if I show you my trembling side,
will you still be my friend?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is a great poem. I feel like that sometimes too.

Aug 24, 2006, 12:08:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged