Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I'm still here...

...just not really writing so much. Just kind of dealing with life, moment by moment. Now just dealing with the colossal amount of paperwork generated by all this.

Olivia and I were alone this weekend. It was nice. We didn't really do a whole lot. Went on a lot of outings, just the two of us...and I got to see how I'm going to handle things when it is just the two of us. Things like Olivia had a little accident in her car seat, so I got to see if I could rip that thing apart and put it back together. My friend Michelle wandered over with her little boy AJ as Olivia and I were putting it back in the SUV. I guess the sight of me kneeling in a toddler car seat muttering at the latch was just too funny to not come over and comment on. When I started putting the thing back in, I contemplated calling her up and asking, "Soooooo....what do you know about assembling a car seat?", but then, I thought, no. I have to do things on my own. Because I'll have to. Because I can do it.


In less than two months, Olivia and I will be moving. Because of my residency status, it is impossible for me to stay in the country; in seventy-odd days, I become an illegal alien. We will be moving to a very small town in the Canadian prairies...the town in which I grew up. The town I couldn't wait to escape when I was a teenager.

It's funny how life comes around full circle, sometimes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hometown is about 2000 people and I kind of wanted to leave. Now my husband and I look for chances to go back and visit because the pace of life is so much slower than here in the city and our boys enjoy it so much more.

Will you still keep the blog up when you move?

Sep 7, 2006, 11:06:00 a.m.  
Blogger kim said...

Oh, yes! I'll keep up the blog...

I really enjoy writing, and this kind of forces me to actually keep up with the eleventeen million projects I have going on at once...

Sep 7, 2006, 11:20:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic! It would be sad to lose you and O completely.

Sep 8, 2006, 12:41:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged