Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Just checking in...

I had a mixed bag of a weekend...had a great time, taking it easy, but I also had a dark cloud over my head...my very good friend Michelle was awaiting biopsy results to see if her cancer had returned, and she just found out that it was benign. Very good news. She called, and right after I said, "Hello?", she answered with, "You can't get rid of me just yet!" I think I might have shrieked into the phone. :D Hope her ear's ok now....

Right now I'm sort of in limbo. I can't find a place to live, or find a job because I am 1200 miles away from where I'm going to be living. It's a really small town, and when a job is available, they want the person immediately. Also, my mom is hesitant to find a place for me. She says that she wants it to be my decision. Fortunately, I'll be able to stay with my parents until I get settled.

I'm reading an interesting book that my therapist gave me. I've had a lot of little jolts while reading it: cold chills have run down my spine, because I saw a lot of myself in its pages. I found one quote that I really like...


All changes, even those the most longed for, have their own melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another.
~ Anatole France

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged