Saturday, October 21, 2006

Day at the Zoo


Olivia's been wanting to go to the zoo for a few days now, and since today was a really nice day, the two of us went. We saw all the animals that she wanted to see. Well, all she really cared about seeing were the elephants. We got a really close-up view of one of them, so that totally made her day.

Since it was such a beautiful day, I got some really good scenery shots. Autumn is definitely my favourite season, because the light makes everything look better. Richer. More golden.


Downtown Kirkland
So, after we walked around for three hours, we decided that it was time to go home. Olivia fell asleep as soon as we hit Aurora Ave. Since she needed the sleep, I took the very scenic route home. Lake Washington, viewed from Lake Washington Blvd.



Took the 520 bridge across Lake Washington, and drove up Lake Washington Blvd in Kirkland. It's one of my favourite streets to drive along.




Then, I drove up the 202 through Woodinville. (I said it was the very scenic route.) Woodinville has a bunch of wineries there, and they give tours and tastings. One day, I'd like to go to DeLille Cellars. I haven't tried any of the wines from there, but I like the building. Makes sense, right?



All in all, it was a nice little adventure that we had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged