Sunday, October 15, 2006

Rainy day Sunday...


I finished The Hungry Tide while I drank my morning coffee. It was raining steadily, so I was content to curl up in the chair by the fireplace and read while listening to the rain.

No, this is not a picture of my house, just something that I found that I liked...hmm...it would be nice, though...

Yesterday, I read another book: How to Be a Canadian by Will and Ian Ferguson. That was truly one of the funniest books I have ever read. I seriously laughed non-stop throughout the entire thing. It's not often that I laugh continuously like that; but when you find something that affects you like that, it's pretty amazing.

I went out today to Barnes and Noble, looking for it. And after aimlessly wandering around the store, I found that I'll have to order it online. But, I settled on a Pumpkin Spice Latte, so all was not lost.



I'm currently reading Red Azalea by Anchee Min. Min's writing is more sparse than Ghosh's: where his descriptions are lush, compelling you to slow down to take it all in, her descriptions are rather matter-of-fact, and I've found myself breezing through three-quarters of it in a matter of a few hours.


My copy...
I also went out in search of bubble wrap, to wrap up my paintings. The local Fred Meyer has undergone a massive remodel, and every day they move everything around. Found the packing supplies aisle, but no bubble wrap. I have a very large box in which to ship them, but nothing to cushion them.

I do not paint small things. There are two canvases that are three feet by three feet, one that is three feet by four feet, and the smallest is two feet by three feet. This is my favourite...a copy of a Louise Cook painting.

Original Louise Cook...


It would be much easier if I did paint little eight by ten inch canvases.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

if there is a uhaul place by you they always have packing supplies to sell.

Oct 16, 2006, 10:48:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why paint small? What you've done is lovely! You can find packing supplies at most storage centers, u-haul, office depot, staples, and most private mailing places like the ups store. Hope that helps.

Oct 16, 2006, 1:13:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged