Saturday, October 07, 2006

What I did with my Saturday morning...

So the powers that be in the Snohomish County Superior Court has made it mandatory that everyone who is going through a divorce must attend a Parenting class. So, from 9 am this morning, until 1:15...that's where I was. After I found it, of course. Usually, I have a pretty good sense of direction. I printed out the direction, double checked it on Mapquest, and thought I knew where I was going. So after doubling back a few times around the same block, I realized that I was about 30 blocks away from where I was supposed to be. And it was 8:50. AND the information sheet said that no late people would be admitted. It also didn't help that I wasn't driving my own car. I drive an SUV, which also holds the car seat, and since I was going to be gone for several hours, I took the Tiburon. It's an unnerving feeling looking up at all the SUVs that occupy the roads. But I digress...

It was very sad to hear other people's stories...like the guy who asked, "What do I tell my kids when they ask where their mom is? I don't know where she is, because she's a drug addict who disappeared three months ago."

By the end of the session, I was ready to cry.

I needed a pick-me-up, so Olivia and I are now watching "Project Runway". It's the only reality show that I watch...not regularly, but if I see it on...I watch it. It's, um...educational? Actually, I find it amazing to watch them create an outfit...to have it evolve from a sketch to a completed item in a matter of hours.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're still wonderful, Mapquest is evil. Anyone who reads this knows you love your daughter. :)

Oct 7, 2006, 11:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged