Saturday, November 18, 2006

But it's a dry cold...



Actually, I was really scared about coming back to Saskatchewan. We're not known for our balmy winters. I remember one year when I still lived in Saskatoon, we had over thirty days that were under -30 Celsius. One day, in particular, I had to be at work for 8:00 am, because it was the day we kicked off the one sale we had per year. It was -50 with the windchill. There was a lot of whining that day.

Fortunately, it's been reasonably warm. I had hoped that El Nino would come through. So, HA HA MICHELLE....it's not quite the Frozen North that you kept taunting me with. Olivia does love the snow, though. She's quite upset that it's all pretty much melted away, but there's some left in the shadowy areas of the lawn so that she can chip away a bit and fling ice balls at me.

She's also discovered hockey. We were driving home yesterday after lunch, and she saw some boys playing street hockey.

"What is that", she asked.

"Oh, those boys are playing hockey", I replied.

"Olivia play hockey, too!"

So, a small souvenir stick from the local team was found, and she used that, while I used my brother's old street hockey stick. Now she wants to go out at eight in the morning to play.

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess Zarko said...

Oh don't kid yourself! It is still the frozen north! It is just still VERY early in the winter yet! The cold will come. As you spend your time plugging in your car, and putting on 8 layers of clothing, I will have to giggle... tee hee hee hee:)

Nov 19, 2006, 1:21:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There could be worse things that she could be interested in... like luge or something like that. :)

Nov 19, 2006, 12:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Princess Zarko said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Nov 20, 2006, 1:12:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Odessa beads were beads that I happened to find at my local JoAnns.

Nov 21, 2006, 12:04:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged