Tuesday, November 21, 2006

When it rains, it pours...

So, the week so far has been interesting. Busy, but interesting. I had a job interview today, and I think it went well. It was at one of the local banks, and it lasted 30 minutes. They asked a lot of questions, and I think I answered them pretty well. I really have to watch out, because the more animated I get, the more I wave my hands around when I talk. But, I made them laugh, so that's always a good sign. And it was because I was charming and amusing...hopefully....

Also, tomorrow, I get all my stuff. And, boy oh boy, is there a lot of it. The first time I read the email from the movers, I thought that I had just shy of 3000 pounds of stuff.

Nope...

I initially estimated my stuff at 2200 pounds. However, after all was said and done, I have 2900 pounds MORE than that...so...more like 5100 pounds of stuff. Wow....Of course, that includes 14 boxes of books. So, tomorrow, I have to go to the customs office and clear my stuff.

Looked at a couple of places today. One place was not bad, but I'd really like a yard. The other place would be somewhat ok, except for the chain-smoking old lady in the basement apartment. And it was a tad small. I'll have to look at tomorrow's paper. Wednesday is a big mail day around here...the local paper hits the mailboxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged