Sunday, February 11, 2007

Perfect day...

I've had this song go through my head a lot lately. I've been happier lately than I thought that I could ever be. Work is going well, and every few days, more empty boxes hit the recycling bin. But, besides that fact that I have learned a lot about banking and I am slowly getting organized, there's a further reason to the smile that graces my face these days. I have found someone who shares my sense of humour, my values, my beliefs, and above all else, he respects me. He knows my flaws, my weaknesses, and my fears. We can talk for hours without running out of things to say, and it always feels like we haven't talked long enough.

It helps that we've been friends since we were fourteen years old.

We hung out together in high school in a very large group of friends, and then after we had all moved away to go to University, and we would all come home during summer break, we still all hung out together. We would sit on his back deck and half-listen to our friend Marla muse about things like when you are up in an airplane and look down at the ground, are the provinces the same colour as they are on the map? [In defense of Marla, this observation may have been made after several drinks.] And, we played on the worst slow-pitch team in the history of Killaly Sports Days.

1991 was a bad year for sunglasses...

I read a lot of Crazy Aunt Purl, and I love this post especially, with the line,

I just need a real warmth, some good laughing, and loving, someone who can adore me in the manner to which I would like to become accustomed.

It is truly amazing when you have someone who looks at you in such a way that it makes you feel like you are the only woman in the world. Someone who you really be yourself with, and not have to edit anything.

And that's what makes me smile.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nice to feel that way before Valentine's Day. :)

Feb 11, 2007, 7:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger Princess Zarko said...

MANY MANY MANY happy days to come! I can feel it! I have no doubt that this will be the best Valentines day you have ever had!
Sending Love from Jake Dr!!
~~Michelley

Feb 12, 2007, 1:24:00 a.m.  
Blogger Princess Zarko said...

OK chickie! I want a recent picture in the next post!!!
~~Michelley

Feb 12, 2007, 1:30:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged