Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy 2007!

A lot is happening here. I bought a car. I found an apartment. My stuff comes out of storage and into said apartment tomorrow. Like I said earlier, it would be nice to live in a house, but I process a lot of utility payments at the bank, and when I see monthly heating bills of $250, that's a little steep. It's Saskatchewan. Winters are cold, and this one hasn't been even particularly cold.

I took Olivia over to our new place the other day. I had to do some cleaning, and I wanted her to get acquainted with the idea of moving again. She tried to claim the master bedroom as hers. She's a funny girl...

While we were leaving, we met our new neighbour, Karen. We introduced ourselves, made some small talk, and then left. When I went back the next day to move a few boxes in, waiting outside our apartment door were two gifts. There was a box of chocolates for me, and a hula hoop and a container of M&Ms for Olivia, with a note from Karen, welcoming us to the building. It was such a thoughtful gesture, that I can't help but think that I found the perfect place to live.

I had lunch at one of the local Chinese places today. My fortune cookie was quite apt:
Contentment is just around the corner for you. Look forward!


I couldn't have said it better myself...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new yarn storage center...oh, I mean apartment. What a fun way to start the new year! Happy new year!

Jan 3, 2007, 1:24:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! What a wonderful beginning.

Jan 3, 2007, 10:50:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged