Friday, February 16, 2007

They like me...they really like me...

My three month probationary date with the bank is coming up next week. It's one of the scary things that they told me when I got the job...I am given a three month test-run, and after that time, if things are not working out, they can let me go. No pressure. Since, with my other job, it's fizzled out to maybe one or two days a month. Yup, a month. You can really pay a lot of bills with hours like that. Oh well, at least I have the bank job. So, anyways, I was hired on as a casual teller, but I saw an employee listing sheet, and beside my name is Part Time Teller.

Not even there three months, and I've already gotten a promotion. I've also gotten a lot of extra hours added to the schedule, which is ok. I get between 15-25 hours a week. That's the beauty of living in a small place. The cost of living is so much less than the city. It's better for Olivia, too, because I'm not gone all the time.

Valentine's Day was incredible. When Donnie called me up, he said, "Be ready by 7:15, and wear something nice."

"As opposed to those crappy clothes that I normally wear?" I laughed.

"No, no....that's not what I mean...it's just...," he sputtered. We're both really sarcastic, and have pretty much the same sense of humour.

So, we went out for a late dinner at a very nice restaurant. I got twenty long-stemmed white, pink and red roses, and a diamond bracelet. It matches the diamond earrings I got for Christmas, and the diamond necklace I got for New Year's.

Yes, he spoils me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess Zarko said...

Spoiled is good! You deserve it!Donnie ROCKS!

Feb 17, 2007, 2:51:00 a.m.  
Blogger Princess Zarko said...

Let me add... BIG MEN ROCK!

Feb 17, 2007, 2:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Dave Palmer said...

kim,
glad things are going well at work and at home - lots of changes for you this year! change is good!

Feb 21, 2007, 10:55:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged