Monday, March 05, 2007

Ok...so it's been a while...


I've neglected posting anything for a while...things have pretty much been uneventful around here. I finished my socks, and still have to take a picture. I wear them to work, and with the vibrant mix of colours, they endlessly amuse me. They're nice to wear, especially on a dull, dreary winter day.

Speaking of nice, I had an especially nice weekend. Donnie took me to the Regina Blues Festival Saturday night. We got into the city early, so we hit the bookstore. We visited my brother and his girlfriend for a while, and got to see their house. They bought a house last summer, and it is absolutely beautiful, with its original hardwood floors, and arched doorways. Plus, it's about two blocks away from the river, so you can't beat that.


We went out for dinner at Golf'swith his sister and brother-in-law. It was the first time I've met any of Donnie's family, and it was a little nerve-wracking at first, but Noel and Braden are so welcoming and fun, that all my nervousness quickly disappeared. After dinner was finished, we then went to the concert. It was absolutely amazing. I haven't really listened to much blues music, besides what would be on NPR every Saturday and Sunday nights, but I have to say that I really enjoyed all the performers. It was really nice just to have an evening out.

It was also quite a surprise that Donnnie reserved us a suite on the fifteenth floor of the Ramada. It was bigger than my apartment. On Sunday morning, we were meeting Noel, Braden, and one of their sons for brunch. When the alarm went off, Donnie said, "There are two alarms; I've set the second one for thirty minutes from now. You sleep. I've made coffee, so it'll be there when you're ready to get up."

He had to laugh, because apparently, my muffled answer (it's hard to be understandable with your face mashed into your pillow) was, "I am so keeping you around."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donnie sounds really sweet, you should definitely keep him a while. :)

Mar 6, 2007, 12:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Princess Zarko said...

I am SOOOO happy to hear how good things are!
BIG MEN ROCK!

Mar 7, 2007, 2:42:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged