Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Little Mini-Vacation

I don't work again until Wednesday, so this is just like having a little vacation. The last time I had four days off in a row, a did relatively nothing. I had a little bit of a cold, so I didn't accomplish much. I need some new clothes for work, and I only have a six foot cabinet that is bulging with fabric, so I need to get to work. I've noticed something shopping here: fabric is bloody expensive. I'm used to my cheapo Joann's prices, and when things are about double the price, it makes for some sticker shock. Fortunately, if I only used what I have on hand, I'll be set for a while. A very long while. But, I had to pick up some cheap stuff to do a muslin, since I'm using a new pattern, and I'd hate to ruin some of my good fabric by doing the wrong size.

I've even worked a few rows on my Cable/Bobble/Twist Sweater. I may even be able to wear it this year. Good thing I don't go for fads...by the time I finish something, it's usually a good while later. Which is why I never, ever, got into the whole poncho thing. Plus, I had one when I was four. It wasn't a good look then, and I didn't think adding thirty years would improve on that.

I also got some new fabric to make Olivia some things. The girl cannot get enough purple at this moment. I bought her a pair of windpants to wear over top of her regular pants, and she has not taken them off. It's starting to melt here, and the streets are really slushy, so they should keep her somewhat dry. Plus, they're purple! Which makes them great, in her books.

I had my probationary review at work, and it went really well. I am now an official employee. I met with my supervisor, and we talked for an hour, and she had some really nice things to say about my performance. Which is good, because now I'm down to one job. I kind of like knowing that every Saturday is free now. Olivia really likes that too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Princess Zarko said...

Does Olivia use legal law books too:)

Mar 12, 2007, 7:51:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Who links to me? Blog Directory - Blogged